Sterling Silver Jewellery Care
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS?
1. Make your jewellery the last thing you put on in the morning, and the first thing you take off at night.
2. Remove when cleaning, swimming and taking a shower. The chemicals used during these activities could cause immediate tarnishing.
3. Remove when sleeping. Movement during sleep can cause stress.
4. Store your jewellery in a cool, dry place. The bag provided will slow tarnishing and prevent scratching by other pieces in your jewellery box.
5. Wipe your jewellery clean with a soft cloth before returning it to storage to remove any body oils and dirt.
Q: HOW DO I CLEAN MY STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY?
Q: WILL MY STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY TARNISH?
A: Yes, all sterling silver jewellery will tarnish. The exposed layer of silver reacts with chemicals and even the elements in the air to form something called "patina". It appears as a faint golden glow that you may notice after wearing your jewellery a number of times. Certain things like rubber, latex, chlorine and sulphur can actually burn your silver, so keep them as far apart from each other as possible.
Q: WHY SHOULD I PAY MORE FOR STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY IF IT IS GOING TO TARNISH ANYWAY?
Sterling silver has unlimited layers to work with. If your jewellery has lost its brilliant shine, follow the instructions above to remove the layer of patina and reveal the next layer of shiny silver!
Proper sterling silver jewellery care ensures you will enjoy your jewellery for years to come.
Information above supplied by beadedroyalty.com