How to Fill Ashes Jewellery
- Remove the screw in top from your piece of ashes jewellery.
- Place the funnel into the neck of the pendant where you just removed the screw from.
- Using a small spoon pick up some of the finer ashes and fill the pendant no more than about 90% full, leaving room for the screw to be screwed in. You may also need to use a toothpick to push the ashes into the hole.
- After filling, remove the funnel from the hole, and clear any ashes from the neck of the hole.
- Before glueing, screw and unscrew the top in several times, this will clear the thread of any remaining ashes, and prepare it for gluing.
- Using a toothpick, get a small amount of glue on the end, and rub around the inside screw thread of the piece, ensuring that none of the glue gets onto the outside of the jewellery, if this does happen you can use acetone (i.e.: 100% acetone nail polish remover) to clean the glue off after.
- Replace the screw lid of the piece, ensuring that you position it correctly, as some pendants also use this as the loop, so you will want to ensure that the hole into which the chain goes is running left to right when on a flat surface.
- Now leave the piece to dry for at least 24 hours before wearing.
Return to Customer Services